Thursday, May 24, 2007

Christian Life~ Thankful Thursday May 24, 2007


Dear Friends,

Here in the early morning I am so thankful for my quiet time with the Lord. I enjoy my bible study early in the morning , then a walk as the sun is beginning to rise. It is so quiet and peaceful , the only sounds I hear are the birds outside my window.
As I started looking though my prayer journal I realized how God has been there, and answering each prayer for everyone, I had been praying for, according to his will. It also made me think about free will . Meaning that he gives us the choice to accept his love , grace, mercy, and help or go the other way. It is so wonderful in times of doubt or hurt he will put a Moses in our path, a friend that tells us to believe in the Lord, love him, worship him and move forward. Move past doubt, hurt and pain into his endless love, and grace. Speaking of friends I am so grateful for a dear friend Delores. Delores is such and inspiration to me. She is 90 , looks and acts 50 , still gardens, hosts teas and has shown me how to knit, be a prayer warrior, and be a great friend. She has shown me age is just a number, wonderful keeper of the home secrets and helped me make my own scent for perfume that smells wonderful.
I am so thankful in my times of needing a friend, prayer or love he has put people in my life that have been there for me. Divine intervention has helped me many of times, and I hope that I have been a help to others. He puts signs on our path everyday of the blessings that we have.
I am so thankful for the wonderful weekend I have planned with my family.
I am so thankful for all my friends , all of you who have inspired me and made me so grateful reading your blessings . Thank you for sharing and Iris for hosting this.

In his endless love,

Angel Mama ():)

19 Gracious friends said:

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Your blessed to have such a sweet friend. Thank you for sharing your list.

Mary said...

It's so good to keep a prayer journal. Sometimes we forget what God has done in our lives. I have a 90 year old friend also. She's amazing and encourages me in my faith. Blessings on your weekend.

Denise said...

My friend, you have helped me more than you know. You are a true encourager, I love you.

eph2810 said...

I love reading about women like Delores. They are a true inspiration to us younger women. They are the best prayer warriors too :)
It is so true, God always finds people to put into our path when we get discouraged or struggle with some issues.
I too am looking forward to the long weekend :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Blessings to your day and always.

Nise' said...

Thanks for sharing this morning and being a "Moses" to me today with your kinds words of encouragment and prayers.

Lyndy said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. It is obvious from your post that you have a sweet and loving heart and most of all a heart for the Lord.

How wonderful that you have a friend like Delores. My grandmother lived to be just shy of 100 and she always said “age was just a state of mind.” I truly believe that as I will be 39 this year and certainly don’t feel it. I pray to have an attitude like my grandmother and your sweet friend Delores.

Have a blessed weekend with your family.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on Prayer journaling. Imagine the treasure you have to look back on in years to come and the legacy you can pass on to your children.

Blessings,
Robin

Christine said...

Quiet time, friends, God's provisions are always just what we need. Blessings to you Angel. Thanks for sharing your list!

Sandy said...

True friends are blessings from Above. I have a group of friends that I can always count on no matter what.

Lovely post.

Lori said...

Sweet list and I love your description of your friend Delores. You are blessed and I pray I am the same way at that age.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my TT post. God has been faithful even when ones we (I) have looked up to were not (a spiritual mentor). But we are all human and my eyes need only to be on Jesus. He is really showing me that.

Thank you.

Robin said...

Delores sounds like an amazing Godly woman - how blessed you are!
And you are so right - God is so good to give us such wonderful friends!

Anonymous said...

Your list just radiates peace. ThanX for sharing. I can relate to your deep appreciation for friends and actually posted about some dear ones myself today! Enjoy your wonderful weekends plans.

Deena Peterson said...

We need to value our "older" friends for their experience, wisdom and knowledge...I know I'm thankful for mine!

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a neat friend. My Father-in-law is 91 and he has just moved in with us. I am afraid he is not as active as your friend, although he is still in pretty good health.
How fun to make your own perfume.
You have been blessed by God.
Thank you for your list.

Debbie said...

I have been planning to start my morning walks again and after reading about yours, the desire is even stronger. I treasure the closeness of HIS presence early in the morning.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.

Mindy said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog.
And thank you for your beatiful Thankful Thursday post!

Darlene Schacht said...

Your list was so inspiring!! I love this line, "then a walk as the sun is beginning to rise. It is so quiet and peaceful , the only sounds I hear are the birds outside my window."

You paint a beautiful picture with your words.

groovyoldlady said...

God is good!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

What a lovely post! It is so wonderful when He puts a Moses in our path, isn't it? Have a wonderful weekend!