Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thankful Thursday April 12, 2007~ Ways to show Gratitude


Dear Friends,

When the Lord taught us to pray he gave us a comprehensive blueprint. His word. The requests deal with Gods glory. Praying for his will to be done provides a foundation for our prayers.

Thank you Father that you are good, and that your mercy is everlasting. (Psalm 100:5).

Thank you Lord that you are very compassionate and merciful. (James 5:11)

Thank you Father that every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You, Father. (James 1:17)


I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with my wonderful husband. As the head of our household he leads our family on the path of righteousness . He is my protector, best friend and a super dad.

I am so thankful for the Lord blessing us with our 4 lovely children. They bring me joy daily.

We have a family mission statement , devotional notebook and I have a gratitude journal. These tools helps us stay focused on the Lord and his daily blessings.

We try to keep a supply of cards, notes, drawings from the kids we can bless others with .

I have realized that the time I put into cooking from scratch and baking blesses my family daily and shows my gratitude to my husband for his long hours . It also helps him on his commutes and blesses the co workers he shares with. We try to bake extra treats to bless others with during the week. I try to slip notes or pictures from the kids or me to brighten his day and show we care.

Encourage others this week and enjoy your blessings from the Lord.

I am grateful for all I am learning from the other participants of Thankful Thursday to see them go here


In his endless love,

Angel Mama ():)

28 Gracious friends said:

on the Rock said...

A wonderful list of thankfuls!
God Bless

Nise' said...

Thanks for sharing what your are thankful for this week! I have been blessed.

Crystal said...

What a great list of thankful....I too feel the same way about cooking from scratch...it's allot of work but so rewarding!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

How awesome that you share your blessings with your husband's co-workers.
I love the Scripture passages you have chosen for your thankful post this week :)...

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Denise said...

Thanks for being such a sweet blessing.

Anonymous said...

Man, the bible is just full of useful knowedge 'int it. :) Shame it doesn't tell me how to program my VCR...

Viamarie said...

What a very touching gesture it is your family is doing by baking goodies for others and sticking notes on it. A very good example to show the kids for them to carry on when they have a family of their own.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Angel, you are such a blessing to me. I'm so thankful for your obvious love of God so easily demonstrated on your blog. Thank you for your encouragement to me.

Blessings.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Thank you for sharing your list. It was a blessing to read. Have a great weekend.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I love the idea of a family mission statement. Thank you for sharing your beautiful list. Have a wonderful week!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Wonderful list of thankfulss--I love the scripture you chose!

I love that your family blesses others with notes and drawings!

Blessings~

Akelamalu said...

I'm not taking part but I enjoy reading yours.

Love Bears All Things said...

Loved your list. My first visit.

Deena Peterson said...

I got glory bumps reading your post! Thank you so much!

Dirkey said...

Thanks so much for sharing, it gave me great tips on how to bless and also to acknowledge the blessings that we already have!

Timalee said...

Thank you for sharing your great list. I think you have encouraged me to go do some baking to bless DH with!
Blessings to you

Diane Viere said...

A perfect TT! Great list, great ideas!

Diane
James 1:17

Anonymous said...

What beautiful family relationships you describe! I know you are truly thankful!

Earthmuffin said...

When my hubby travelled I would always stick notes in his underwear or socks even in the pockets of his clothes so he would find them each day. Mostly they said thank you and I love you. He said they helped get him through those lonely nights.

Anonymous said...

There is SO much to be thankful for! What a great post :)

Monkey Giggles said...

Would you mind sharing more about your devotional Notebook and your gratitude Journal. Thank you

Anonymous said...

thanks for visitng my blog and thanks for the well wishes
bless you

He is all that and more. We are truely blessed to have HIm.

bless your hubby and children.

Grandparents Corner said...

Angel, I have been blessed just by reading your thankfulness list today. And by your visits to my blog to remind me you care and God cares. You are a true grace giver. I'm so thankful to have found you through blogging.

Hugs & Prayers!

Lori said...

We try to bake extra treats to bless others with during the week.

This is the sweetest thing I have read!!

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Thanks for your encouraging thoughts. I enjoyed hearing the ways you do extra things to bless your family.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, this is an impressive list. I like the family mission statement idea.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Angel,

So nice to visit here for the first time. I love your list. Thank you... :)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and inspiration visiting your sites.
Monkey Giggles I would be glad to do a post about my devotional notebook and gratitude journal.

May you all enjoy your weekend, your castles, family time and blessings.

In his endless love,
Angel Mama