Sunday, April 15, 2007

10 Steps to Find Happiness, Grace and Inspriation In A Hurting World.


Dear Friends,

In the mist of our everyday lives sometimes we encounter situations that either make us hurt, uncomfortable, sad, lonely or even depressed. Being an empathetic person is a gift from the Lord that I am humbled with but makes me have to put things in perspective . Don't get me wrong I have had more then my share of those above mentioned situations also. Through some of my gifts of mercy etc. I feel and can sympathize with others pain as well. As I am sure most of you do. Is there things hurting you today or a family member? If you have answered yes then you know what I mean.
The ability to give your situation to the Lord is your key. Believing and trusting in him to give you the peace and answers you need. Sometimes the answers aren't what we want to hear but they are there all the same. The Lords words are the same today as thousands of years before. The Bible is not only the word of the Lord but your compass and answer to any situation you have.Keeping my eye on the Lord and not the problem has been the golden key for me.
God takes weaknesses and uses them to his glory. God has been doing this for thousands of years. Look to the story of Gideon in Judges Chapter 7. He chose the youngest person from the smallest family to deliver Israel.
Judges 7:9-15 During that night the LORD said to Gideon, “Get up, go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands. If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah and listen to what they are saying. Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp.” …Gideon arrived just as a man was telling a friend his dream. “I had a dream,” he was saying. “A round loaf of barley bread came tumbling into the Midianite camp. It struck the tent with such force that the tent overturned and collapsed.” His friend responded, “This can be nothing other than the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God has given the Midianites and the whole camp into his hands.” When Gideon heard the dream and its interpretation, he worshiped God.

*I know we have all heard to read the Bible and go to the Lord in prayer. In your situation go to the Lord in prayer.

*Make a list or devotional journal. In it write out your situation or that of someone you are praying for. Write the verses that come to you or others give you.

*Silently go to the Lord in prayer and faith. The faith to know that God is with you and has the answers you need.

*Give grace and find the good in every situation. Sometimes what we think we need, want, are not what God has planned for us. Later down the road we find out why and thank the Lord for unanswered prayers. That house , job, or situation we thought best might not have been in our best interests. When you pray you give the protection of the Lord over your family, situation and need. In doing that we sometimes need to accept answers we might not think we want.

*Help and bless others in doing so we bless ourselves and makes the situations in our lives seem smaller. You never know why that person, situation, friendship, or whatever was put in your life and what you can learn or teach others from it.

*Have a positive attitude! A negative , pessimistic person never discovered the
moon nor had the faith to make great accomplishments. You can chose how to react to the things in your life. That is where you have the ultimate control on how you will give grace, deal with a situation, be a person of influence. Chose to think positive and give grace. In the circle of life it will always come back in one form or another.

*Realize when you bless someone give with your heart ,no strings attached.

*Also realize the Lord will quietly let you know if you are a grace giver when he no longer wants a situation in your life and wants you to move on. If there is a situation in your life that no longer works, is not good for you or hurting you . The Lord might want you to pray and let it go. Shaking the dust off your feet and moving on in his grace and glory.

*Be happy within yourself. If you aren't find out why. There is only one you in the whole world and only you can do what the Lord has planned for you. Be authentic, be original, be loving, kind full of blessings and grace. Don't rely on others for your happiness . As we all know true happiness comes from with.

*Bless and encourage others, give grace and be happy.


In his endless love,

Angel Mama ():)

7 Gracious friends said:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful article. Thanks for all your help . I will have my blog up today will you check it out. I sent you the addy.
Anyhoo what a wonderful girls lunch out. Love your studio thanks for tour . I want to join club where do I sign up and do I get the kit you promised.
Can I link to your blog we all love here? I know my usual questions
Mary

Akelamalu said...

Thanks for sharing these 10 steps. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog always speaks to my heart.

May I ask for prayer on behalf of my community? We are in the midst of the VA Tech tragedy with friends and church members who work at the university. Such a horrible thing to happen.

Thank you
Kathy

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Kathy,
I am so sorry and of course will put your community on the prayer list , prayer chain and prayer room.

In his endless love,,
Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dearest Akelamalu,

You are the sweetest! Thanks for the hugs and stopping by. I have had so much paper work ...will be by for a visit at one of my favorite blogs later.

Hugs,
Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear,
Mary I am so glad you have started a blog. You will love. Of course I will link and visit a lot...:)

Hugs,
Angel

Lori said...

some of my gifts of mercy etc. I feel and can sympathize with others pain as well

Sometimes my husband call it my curse =)

He chose the youngest person from the smallest family to deliver Israel

So many times in the bible and in life now we see how God selects the least educated, the least "churched", the person we would think of the least to lead the task. I LOVE THAT!!

Angel, I think this post is awesome. So good in fact I think you should somehow link to it on your side bar. Maybe say, "If you are hurting, read this" or something like that.

I loved your list, some of them I realize I have difficulty doing. But that is when the power of Christ comes in, when I am weak, He is strong.

Thank you so much for writing this, and telling me about it.

Blessings.