Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday~ Scripture Kits~ July 19, 2007



Dear Friends,


"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6 KJV



I am so grateful for my wonderful family, silver linings, wonderful opportunities , great fantastic friends , inspirational blogs, and chocolate tuxedo brownies.

I am so grateful for each of your wonderful blogs I will visit, your comments and the chance to express our blessings and gratitude.

I have enjoyed working at VBS , taking my kids to the library and parks and having sweet memories and conversations with them.

I am grateful my friend Denise keeping my spirits up.Please keep her in your prayers as her surgery is coming up.

I am grateful for Janeen of Our Story ,giving me the Blogger reflection award. Thanks Janeen your sweet comments warmed my heart.



"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." -Albert Schweitzer



When my dear friend Mary K. came over with her family we made some Scripture Survival Kits. I know there are many different ones out there . Here is the ones we made up and are sending to my friend to give out at City of Hope.

The Lord's Scripture Survival Kit

This is what we included:
Mint
Candy Kiss
Tea Bag
Eraser
Rubber Band
Toothpick
Chewing Gum
Band Aid
Pencil

TOOTHPICK - to! remind you to pick out the good qualities in others. -
Matthew 7:1

RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out. -
Romans 8:28

BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's. -
Colossians 3:12-14

PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday. -
Ephesians 1:3

ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay. -
Genesis 50:15-21

CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything. -
Philippians 4:13

MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint. -
John 3:16-17

CANDY KISS - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday. -
John 4:7

TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and go over your list of blessings. -
1 Thessalonians 5:18


May your week be filled with joy, laughter, blessings and chocolate.

Thank you to Laurel for hosting this week, while sweet Iris is on a blogging break.

In his endless love,


Thank you for your comments:Maiylah, Denise, HopefulSpirit, Lynn, Karen, Kim, Mary, Sharon, LoriB, Diane, Lynnae, Talktograms, Angie, Debbie, ChupieandJ'smama, Dana, Darla, Amber, Tarrah, Bridget, Terri, Connie Barris, Laurel Wreath, Rachelle, Sheri, Melanie, GroovyoldLady

Would you like to comment?


28 Gracious friends said:

Anonymous said...

what a very practical survival kit!
I must have that with me for always!

Blessed day :)

Denise said...

I am always thankful for you dear one, you are my special angel gift. Those survival kits are wonderful. I love you.

Hopeful Spirit said...

I have never heard of such a kit. What a great idea! You are very special, Angel Mama. I always love dropping by your site.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list and the Lord's Scripture Survival Kit rocks!

Changed by His Love said...

I love that you put chocolate tuxedo brownies up there with friends - girl, we are all about priorities, ya know!? :) hee hee. Enjoyed the Survival Kit too - thank you for that!
Have a blessed day!

Kim said...

I love it. I've never heard of these survival kits. What a neat idea. I may have to do this for my ABF class. Thank you dear heart for this neat idea.

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing today. The scripture survival kits are awesome! Blessings on your day.

Sharon said...

You have a wonderful list! I liked your Scripture survival kit.
Oh no! now I have to get me some chocolate. ;-)

Have a blessed day!

Lori said...

Loved your thankful list today.
Thanks for sharing.
I've seen those Scripture Survival kits before. That is so neat.

Hugs, Lori

Diane Viere said...

What a creative way to share the gospel! Practical...and profound...all in one package!

Have a great day...on my way to visit the links your provided. Thanks!

Diane

Anonymous said...

I love the survival kit! Great list!

Talk..to..Grams said...

I love comming over here to your blog!You always uplift my spirits!!
You had a wonderful post today!!

Aunt Angie said...

I loved the survival kit! Where I have been??? I have not heard that before! It is great! I am going to print it out to share with my family. My mother could share this at jail ministry. She plays the piano and they take turns sharing with the female inmates. This is good!!!

Debbie said...

Such sweet things to be thankful for.
The survival kits are great ministry tools. How wonderful you and your friend have taken the time to be a blessing to someone else!
Much love to you, today!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love your list! I am thankful for spending time with my kids and taking them to our library too!
I love your survival kit. What a great way to minister to others. Have a blessed day Dear Angel!!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I always love your lists! The surviaval kit is really cool.
Have a great day.

Darla said...

Thank you so much for your idea... I love it.. I have made several - preschool survival, daycare survival, and scrapbook survival and gave as gifts. This idea is just a wonderful way to express greatfulness...
Thanks.. have a great weekend...

Amber said...

I think inspiring blogs and tuxedo brownies go very good together-LOL! I love the Lord's Survival Kit, that is SO cute, very inspiring, I'll go eat my brownie now;)

God Bless,
Amber

Tarrah said...

what a great survival kit list! Would you mind if I put that somewhere on my blog to share with my family and friends? What a great thankful heart.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow, I love this. I just stopped by to say hello.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Love your survival kit! I have to ask, what is a tuxedo brownie? I'm guessing white chocolate mixed in?

Enjoyed your list and love that you included chocolate along with joy, laughter & blessings! LOL

Blessings (and chocolate) to you~

Connie Barris said...

Yes, that is an awesome, much needed survival kit...

however, you give me brownies of any kind.. and I can survive just about anything... they sound delicious.....with cold milk... I could just roll over and die....

yummmmmmmmmmm

Lori said...

You have been titled a Blogging Princess, check out my site today =)

Rachelle said...

Those scripture kits are so cute! Thanks for sharing the great idea.

Sheri said...

What a special gift! I need to copy your post for future gifts. What a beautiful and blessed idea!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful TT post! As always, I know I can find an inspirational post at your blog!

groovyoldlady said...

I've given out two of those kits before - years ago -and both of those ladies still get teary when they bring it up. Maybe it's time for me to make some more!

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

Thank you for sharing this!!!