Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Perfect Day~Summer Days on Cloud Nine~

Dear Friends,




"For memory has painted this perfect day with colors that never fade."
Carrie Jacobs Bond





The last few days have been so busy. I am excited to now have time to get around to you all and catch up with your latest.

Life in our house is all about celebrating. Whenever and however we can. Each day brings with it some joy . My husband planned a surprise for me on Friday and took the day off.



We had such a lovely day together. I even drove around in my French straw hat in our little convertible we bring out only in the summer. It is so small and cute we love running around in it, we did errands and came home to a lovely dinner of Prime rib, strawberry salad and French silk pie.



I got the prime rib on sale last January and loved pulling it out to surprise him, like he surprised me.



I finally hosted my tea party of Celebration in July. We made charm bracelets and one of a kind greeting cards. I was able to order German glitter to put on the cards and they turned out lovely.



Then at the last minute my friend Mary asked if we could make tile benches next week so we are getting the materials together . It is really easy and once you make your wooden form which my husband made me a long time ago and her husband is making her one), get your concrete you mix in a wheel barrow etc. it isn't as hard as it sounds. But does take experimenting ...LOL Needless to say I am so glad we made the flower tent as my workshop is now a mess. Did I tell you my workshop is a mess?...LOL We have really enjoyed the summer though. I am going to be making about 15 pounds of soap in the next few weeks and have been drying my lavender to go in it.

I am getting ready for a big baking and cooking session again and have been asked details so give me a few days and will post recipes etc a long with the recipe for tuxedo brownies, and Oreo cookies.

I have a friend that has been making drastic wonderful changes in her life and I am helping her with her home management binder, OAMC, bulk buying and her gratitude journal. We have rearranged her house in the last week and it looks lovely. She really wants to get her budget in order if any of you have any hints we would appreciate .

I did make some of Grandmothers blackberry juice and preserves. How lovely.

I hope your life has been full of joy these past few days and I look forward to sharing in it with you when I get to your blogs.

I want to Thank Laurel of Laurel Wreaths for the Lovely Princess Award, Janeen for the Blogger award and Melanie you are all so sweet and they mean so much and I will enjoy passing them forward.


In his endless love,

Thank you for your comment: Melanie, Penquinsandladybugs, Bridget, Denise

Would you like to comment?


5 Gracious friends said:

Melanie said...

What a sweet hubby to surprise you by taking the day off! And how sweet of you to make such a yummy dinner!

Congrats on all of the awards you received. You really are a special lady!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I love the tea party idea!!! I wonder if we could have a bloggin' tea party :)

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful gesture to pull out that prime rib for your husband. He must love you to pieces :) MMM..French silk pie. Divine.
Have a glorious week.

Bridget

Denise said...

Precious one, you deserve all the awards you receive, and many more. I love you.

Talk..to..Grams said...

You made your Day sound so wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your day with us!!
French silk pie!!
oh boy!!
Congrats, on your award! You deserve a bunch!