Sunday, July 8, 2007

Marriage Monday~ 30 Day Challenge July 9, 2007



Dear Friends,



For the Lord said, "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Genesis 2:18



Our bicoastal wedding was so special surrounded by family and friends . We exchange vows in New York, with a big ceremony in a Victorian mansion and then flew to California to exchange vows with family and friends who couldn't be in New York. All of a sudden after the ceremony the musicians started playing a very light hearted tune which was a surprise to me. My husband smiled and right then promised for us to never take things to serious , get angry over silly things, love each other through everything and laugh. That began my life of laughter and fun everyday with my wonderful husband. The light hearted tune and serious love has helped us get through a miscarriage , a serious work related accident , health issues and life. It has helped us stick to goals, family goals, laughter and love. We put the Lord first and look to him not the problem and live life to the fullest.

Sticking to the goals with such a wonderful man is easy but with the heat lately and deadlines I have to say I love this challenge to it keeps me focused on the little things that you can do to bring joy into each others life.

I enjoy sharing in all your lives, gleaning from your wonderful marriages and goals . I enjoy cheering you on and praying for each of your marriages that I read about. My husband and I have found prayer and the Lord the golden key to each others hearts.

Thank you so much for visiting me today it means so much to me. May the Lord bless you and your marriages this week and always.

Thank you to Christine for hosting this lovely challenge.

In his endless love,





14 Gracious friends said:

Detroit said...

So what was the tune?! I absolutely love the story you shared...so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you this week!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Laughter is such a wonderful thing. My husband can always make me laugh even when I'm mad. It annoys me sometimes when I want to stay mad. lol! But, I also love him for it. ;) I'm glad you have that same type of love, joy, and laughter in your home.

Amy said...

oh I definitely agree with your dh, life is too short for us to hold onto grudges and silly issues. It's ok to get angry but GOd helps us work through it so we can move forward.

Denise said...

May God always sweetly bless your marriage my friend.

Believer said...

A cheerful heart is a blessing and it's great that you share that. Your marriage yields good fruit! Blessings...
Heavenly Voice

God's girl said...

That is so encouraging! Light-heartedness is a great thing to have and be! God can get you through anything too! Thanks for the encouragement! Lifting a prayer!
Blessings,
Angela

eph2810 said...

You are so right - we truly need to keep laughing (which I tend to forget sometimes). My Sweetheart does remind me of it though, when I forget.
Thank you so much for praying for our marriages.
Be blessed today and always.

Melanie said...

Such a beautiful post. We do need to remember to laugh. Sometimes I take things so seriously, but my hubby is sure to remind me to lighten-up a bit.

Christine said...

What a sweet story about your wedding! Laughter is truly a medicine straight from God. I'm so glad it has been a present friend throughout your marriage.

Christi said...

D, you continue to inspire me and make me smile. Always love reading your posts!

Praying that the Lord continues to bless your marriage!

Connie Barris said...

That is just too precious.. and what a wonderful memory for you both....

May God bless you always

Debbie said...

So sweet.....about your wedding.

It is crucial to any relationship to always take time to laugh. Especially in this day and time with all the seriousness of the daily happenings. I'm so glad you and yours have that balance and agreement.

Blessings!

Debbie said...

Angel, I almost forgot. I have meant to tell you that your page takes a while to load. I don't know if it's your new header or not. It has been this way since you changed it, I think......

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your marriage Monday post. What a great reminder to honor your husband, spend time with him, and rememeber to laugh.