Friday, July 13, 2007

Life On Cloud Nine With Angel Mama ~ Memories Hang Like Silken Chords

If I take the wings
of the morning
and settle at
the furthest limits of the sea
Even there your hand
shall lead me
and your right hand
shall hold me fast
(Ps. 139:9-10)


Dear Friends,

I hope you all enjoy your precious time with your families this weekend while the weather is warm:) I remember being told as a child that memories hang like silken cords between heaven and earth. That they rise in dream like sequences, with scenes from our past. That best thoughts and memories will always remain bright while others fade away.

I remember sitting on the beach with my children and watching the waves roar, making smore parties, and flying kites. Whale watching , catching crabs and salmon trips are all my boys favorites. I have precious candy like jewels my husband has given my in jars on my kitchen window. Yes they are glorious beach glass. Oh I have loved combing the beach each one that I found prettier then the other.I have jars and shadow boxes filled with shells and glass. My husband proposed to me on glass beach and it is my favorite place . I know some of you have read my beach proposal post already...LOL

I have a confession to make. When I first met my sweet husband a native of California he was so sweet . Yes dear friends he was. He indulged me when coming to New York to visit me in touring my one winery. Oh I was so proud of taking him there not realizing he drove past grape vines everyday..LOL I brought high heel hiking boots to visit him for hiking the mountains....Ok ..ok I was a NY gal. Well and speaking of the beach the first time I went I had my bathing suit etc. not realzing that it would be cold so I had a skirt etc. well there was one other person dressed like me and freezing too he was from Buffalo. He has said those are the things that endeared me to him.

I hope you all have golden chords of memories. While my children are growing I want to tie those memories with special love knots daily. I try to cook them home cooked meals and their favorite recipes, write special notes and put them on their pillows, take them out to special places. I think this weekend after we get everything cooked in bulk for my husbands meals for the week we are going to the Lake. Paddles boats, feeding the ducks, and smore parties are in order.

In getting to know me dear blogging readers and friends, Yes for some who have asked I have four children am married to my wonderful husband who is my best friend also known as Angel Daddy. I will explain to you how my husband actually acquired the nickname . It is a very good reason . I love my children dearly and they are the light of my life.

I love my friends dearly and have a Queen of hearts club and will have an internet chapter. Oh won't you join? I so love getting to know you . Well if you lived near by you would have to have tea , wear silly hats at times and go to retreats. My friends and I all enjoyed that immensely before I moved. I do have a small one here also. I keep in touch with all my members from California and at times we go to the beach together. Speaking of beach glass I have used some with pearls over the years to make our signature bracelets. I'll tell you what they mean sometime. If you are still here...Is this thing working ? Anyone out there...Just kidding.I truly appreciate you all. Will have the information for you later.

I am going to finish everything here and go sit in the rose garden with fragrances that tantalize my senses. I will post the recipe for Rose Granita that I made for my friendship tea .

Until later my friends enjoy the sweet life. May the Lord bless you this week and always.






Thank you for commenting Heather, Melanie, Rosemarie, Denise, Talk to Grams, Debbie, Connie, Amber, Misty, thefreelancecynic, Susan, Barb, Janeen
Would you like to comment?

13 Gracious friends said:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Sounds like some wonderful memories. We always love going to the beach and just walking. Munchkin loves to jump in and run way from the waves. We always find so many treasures -- we have to carefully pick what makes it back home.

Have fun cooking this weekend. I'll be baking lots of goodies for my husband to take with him on Monday.

Melanie said...

What a beautiful post! I loved reading about your wondeful memories.

Have a terrific weekend.

Believer said...

There’s nothing better than making memories with family and friends.

Heavenly Voice

Denise said...

Your posts always feel my heart with such peace, and happiness. Enjoy your weekend, love you dear one.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to be your friend!! I am going to add your name to my side bar blog list later tonight when the girls can help me. I might make all the names on the list go away!!:)Thanks for all the lovely words!
This was a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

The beach is a special place for my darling and me, also. Lots of precious memories we have made there. Blessings to you and have a great weekend!

Amber said...

NY huh, I used to live in Hyde Park, south of Buffalo.

Thank you for sharing your memories...btw- you've got me curious from the comment you left.

0:) Amber

Connie Barris said...

These memories really tugged at my heart... the kind you never forget and brings tears to your eyes thinking about...

I went to the beach in California one time and froze to death.. growing up in Miami... I never dreamed..

Blessing to you my sweet friend

Anonymous said...

Angel Mama --

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your memories with us and reminding us to create special memories of our own with our families.

I am waiting for your email to see what you have in mind for me. Talk to you later! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Ah childhood memories. I think I erased most of mine.

Susan said...

Memories are what life is made up of.
Susan

Barb said...

It's late Sunday evening here in western Colorado and I'm about to go to bed. My word, I could sit here and listen to the sounds on your blog for maybe three more minutes before I fall asleep in this office. So beautiful and comforting. So peaceful.

Love your memories. Love the whole peaceful feeling of your blog.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

What wonderful memories! We are going to the beach at the end of the month and my boys can not wait. It's our 3rd year and I so treasure our beach memories.
Thank you so much for linking me! I'm honored. Hope you don't mind if I link you back :)