Sunday, June 24, 2007

Marriage Monday ~ 30 Day Marriage Challenge



Dear Friends,

"Two such as you with such master speed Cannot be parted nor swept away From one another Once you are agreed That life is only life forevermore Together wing to wing and oar to oar."

Robert Frost

This was my wonderful husband and my anniversary this past week, we celebrated our many years, many memories and children in the company of family and friends. My husband has been my friend, hero and confidant for many years. Over the years we have had a family mission statement, marriage mission statement and goals. With each one reached, each holiday that passed and each milestone our children reached we celebrated the moment in time and each other. We celebrated not only our marriage and friendship but the fact we were willing to sacrifice our time and energy , to be a team. That meant cheering each other up and on in times of sickness ,hardships, cross country moves,and other lovely things that came our way...LOL

When you make your marriage vows to Love, Honor, and Cherish, you are telling your soon to be spouse,"you are God's gift to me. I will be there for you. Nothing on earth can change that."


I know that Christine is focusing this week on helping your spouse at work. My husbands career is important to him and to our family as is shows my children work ethic, dealing with integrity, the importance of doing your best and our families goals. The children and I try to help by doing things year round that make things easier for him and even small things of giving him time to study for things, getting the books and resources he needs to keep up on things so he doesn't have to go get them, keeping his office clean and making his meals to bring so that he is eating good and can share:) the good treats...LOL

To Honor is also a conscious choice you are making. It means to offer Esteem, Respect, and Courtesy. You promise to think first of your beloved and his or her welfare. Honor gives glory to God because it is entirely unselfish. Honor does not grasp. It boldly offers presence, not presents to the Loved one.

This week I want to continue on our path of honoring each other and helping my husband . I want to especially find special moments and time just for him.


May the Lord bless you , your friendships, marriages and households this week my fellow queens of the castle.


In his endless love,

Angel ():)




24 Gracious friends said:

Denise said...

May your marriage be blessed with much love, honor, and respect. I love you my friend.

Akelamalu said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, may it continue in love for many, many more years. x

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Wishing you many more wonderful years together.

My dh and I will have been married 14 years tomorrow-time flies doesn't it?

Hugs,
Kathy

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary, I'm glad it was spent in love with loved ones!!

Jenn

Alycia said...

Happy Anniversary Angel!!! I am so happy for you and for the blessings God has already given you in your marriage to your dear husband. May He continue to cover you with His grace and Love each and every day. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog ~ you are dear.

Blessings,
Alycia

Hootin Anni said...

That is just so beautiful!---I had tears. I cherish our relationship here too....last month we celebrated our 39th year together as husband and wife. It's a joy to have the love and luck to find a soulmate for life!!

Congratulations on your celebration. And....

Thanks for the visit.

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

I loved this post.
What a great reminder.

May the Lord bless you too with your friendships and marriage and household too.

I'm thankful for your new blogging friendship too.
Thanks for visiting my blog too.
I understand if you can't get back all the time..that is ok.
I haven't been around to anyone's blogs either for a day or two as we were out of town.

Hugs, Lori

groovyoldlady said...

Happy Anniversary!

Alida Sharp said...

Happy Anniversary! When we celebrate our 25th back in December we both wondered where the time had gone!

May God continue to bless your marriage and all of the efforts you put into meeting your goals throughout the next week!

Alida

wyndesnow said...

Angel,

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you and your husband were blessed on on the day! I really like how you said that you make his meals for him to bring so that he eats well. I do the same but I've never really looked at it as a blessing more of a chore. Thank you for opening my eyes to view the small things as a blessing.

Have a wonderful and blessed week.

Oldqueen44 said...

Thanks for the kind words at my blog.
Also thnk you for the loving insights from your 30 day challenge.

Christi said...

Hi D, it's me. Hope all is going well; I'll try to call you again (though not on my cell) later this week if you have time.

You have always been and continue to be such an encouragement and blessing to me.

Great goals for the week!

Praying that your marriage will continue to be blessed!

Terri said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on the anniversary! May God continue to grow your marriage stronger and stronger as each day passes!

Jthemilker said...

Don't ya just love anniversaries! I do! I'm glad to see you had a happy one! Keep up the good work. Blessings abound... I love it!

Mary Jo said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words! Have a great week!

TammieFay said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you came by for a visit! This is so encouraging!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for stopping by. I have never been by your site before. It is a very calming and nice place to visit. My hubby and I have been married for about 43 1/2 years. We were married as babies..((smile))...well will 18 count?? We have always been married...ha!! Come back again anytime...Sandy

Christine said...

What a beautiful post, Angel. It;s wonderful that you make such an effort to celebrate the stuff of life together. Happy Anniversary!

Earthmuffin said...

Happy anniversary to you and your honey. Congrats!

Annie

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary! It is always wonderful to be able to congratulate someone for "staying the course." The system has made it so easy to get in and out of marriage, but Praise God for those who keep the vows made unto our Lord!
Blessing to you and your mate, today and always!!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

It can be hard to find special moments and time just for our husbands. But, it is so important to make sure we do that. Great goal!

Yes, of course you can add a link to my blog! And, I love your blog, so I'm going to link to yours too.

eph2810 said...

"When you make your marriage vows to love, honor, and cherish, you are telling your soon to be spouse,'you are God's gift to me. I will be there for you. Nothing on earth can change that.'"
That is so beautiful, Angel. I will commit that to my memory.
I try to be the best help-mate I can be to my Sweetheart - even when I am exhausted :).
Thank you so much for sharing your goals with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Happy Anniversary! May God bless you with many more happy anniversaries together.

Believer said...

Life is hectic so please excuse my delay in posting.

The two of you are blessed and have a harmonious marriage. Glory! You are a mentor to many younger women like me that are still working it out.

Blessings,
Heavenly Voice