Friday, June 29, 2007

Family Summer Fun and Memories




Dear Friends,

Find a penny pick it up!

"They looked to Him, and were radiant." Psalm 34


To recreate that fun theme use a small kiddie pool fill with homemade bubble recipe, and tons of wands, homemade bubble wands, hula hoops, and plastic pop rings. You can make bubble wands out of wire hangers also. My husband made me one out of copper with glass marbles etc and its an angel . So cute !


I have found over the years the pure joy of summer. I enjoy the warm summer memories of when I was little or doing things with my children in the lazy dazy days of summer. By the way can any of you hula hoop good? I need another lesson. I have to tell you one of the best summers my children had was at Ben and Jerry's ice cream festival ( yearly picnic). Oh we had so much fun. The best though was the bubbles. Oh my it was a blast.

We love making ice cream or sweet pinwheels. We love
using these for favors or part of our art parties. To
see how to make pinwheels click here. How to
make magic ice cream in 5 minutes with
a freezer bag click here.



I have found over the years the joy has been in
creating the memories. We love doing theme parties .
My children have loved these over the years and my
daughter who is in college still talks of her favorite a garden
party, complete with lady bug cupcakes and bee candy
made out of wheat germ and almonds. She made the candy
for a college project and that still makes me laugh.
Sir Nick still loves these kind of adventures.
His favorite is being a bug detective in the butterfly garden
or playing in his fort. I love collecting art magazines, project books and
gleaning from all your inspiring fun , creative moms and fellow bloggers.
Please leave some tips for us all and share your memories.

Taking the time to be creative with homemade picnic baskets, forts,
going to old time festivals, parades, the beach, using lump clay,
or a homemade puppet theater have been some of our favorites over the years.

This next week I will be making more pizzas for our second art park we are hosting, get things for canning and just having fun. So make bubbles, eat chocolate, make lemonade shakers in mason jars, catch fire flys. If you make smores can you invite me? If it has to be healthy make mango ice cream.... I have a lovely recipe .


Smiles and Love,

Angel Mama ():)


15 Gracious friends said:

Denise said...

You and I would have so much fun together my dear friend. Eddie and I love making smores, yummy. We love playing with bubble wands, and having water gun fights.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Denise,


You know we would. I am going to use the hose this week on them all when we wash the cars...LOL Have a great weekend. Hope it isn't too hot I have lots to cook again for ...



Hugs,

Angel (D.)

Chocolate and Coffee said...

I love summer too. It just passes too quickly.

Enjoyed your blog. Looking forward to getting to know you in blog world.

Blessings to you!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Debbie,

I look forward to getting to know you also. Thanks for the visit and hope to see you soon.

Smiles,

Angel ():)

Denise said...

Stop by my blog, have something for you.

Susan said...

Hi Angel Mama - For some reason I have trouble when your blog page pulls up. So many times it comes up with error and I end up having to back out and complete shut down blogger and then come back in. I wonder if anyone else is experience the difficulty or is it just me.

This is one reason you don't see a lot of comments from me. I just back out and leave :o(
Susan

Debbie said...

How great you are posting this!! I always look forward to the summer break so that I can spend more time with my children.

We love going to the beach and walking on the cool sand at night. Or just sitting out on the porch (or pier, depends on where we rent) and watching the waves rolling up and the frothy foam it brings with it that glistens under the light of the moon. It is an awesome show of God's creation.

At home we spend lots of time outside. You have given me an idea for Nathan's kiddie pool and I thank you! *grin*

Peggy said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I sure have enjoyed reading yours! And I will be back often

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Susan,

SO sorry I am not sure why that is happening and will look into it. I sure hope it is taken care of right away as I value yours and everyones visits and comments.

Hugs,

Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Peggy,
Thanks and come back real soon. I love getting to know you and your farm. I love your goats too cute.


Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ():)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Debbie,

You will have so much fun my friend especially with a hula hoop and bubbles.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Cathy said...

My cousin John Todd 4 years old can hula hoop pretty good...lol

Scribbit said...

Creating memories is such a huge part of what I love best about motherhood. Nice post!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Cathy ,

You made me laugh! Thanks for stopping in.

Smiles,

Angel ():)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thanks Scribbit for the visit and sweet comment. Please come again.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ():)