Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thankful Thursday Blessings~ May 17,2007


Dear Friends,

I am thankful for the heavy envelope in the mail filled with money I received this week. There was no outside address so I didn't know why it was so heavy or what was in it. As I sat down with a cup of tea at my desk and opened the mail this one was first as it intrigued me. It was in a bright red envelope with the word Blessing on the back. Well when I opened it I had to smile it was from a very dear friend and former employee Christopher. Taped inside the card was lots of " cheer up nickels " and shiny pennies. He had put the saying a penny saved is a penny earned, and if you save it , it is a government oversight.LOL
When Christopher worked for me and I had one of those days where nothing went right or someone was sad he took their hand said a prayer, gave a hug and sent them to the beautiful fountain out front and told them to act like a child smile and throw money in the fountain. To see the joy well up in some people or have them say "yes the Lord is taking care of me but I must give the problem over to him and have faith ",was wonderful. For me I would slip our throw the money in and take my mind off all family, work or everyday worries for the moment. Christopher was the first at my door when I was sick with orange juice , or a card, and the one to help me load the moving van for my husband and I when we moved the first time. We still exchange cards, BDay cards, letters and cheer up and his usually have a trinket . I loved how he sent the as he called them cheer up magic nickels and pennies.
I am thankful for the Lord being in my families life, and his blessings.
I am thankful for Christopher and all my friends , and the new ones I meet everyday.
I am thankful for all of you who read and comment it is like finding a penny on the ground what joy at the blessing.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband and my children. I love each of them for their gifts, talent, and each in their own way. But I am especially grateful for the sweet devoted love of my Sir Nick who sang me a special Birthday and Mothers day song this year and thinks I am a hero no matter what I do , cook, bake or help him with. It makes my day.
Thanks to Iris for hosting this event.

Love,

Angel Mama ():)

25 Gracious friends said:

Denise said...

You are a beautiful heart blessing.

Akelamalu said...

True, good friends are hard to come by and are to be cherished when you find them.
Reiki blessings to you dear heart.

Believer said...

Christopher sounds like an exhorter.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

I participated this week. Thankful for you!

Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice.
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Nise' said...

What a wonderful friend! I thank you so much for your kind words of encouragment you leave when visiting my blog, it is like finding a shinny new penny on the ground! Thanks for sharing today!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment. I enjoyed my reading here! Have a great day and may all your pennies be 'heads up!'

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way for a friend to encourage you! Thanks for sharing this!

on the Rock said...

Quite a seet story:)
God Bless, Betty

Lori said...

I love your list of thankfuls. Isn't it wonderful when someone does something so simple to make our day.
I am also thankful for the Lord and all of our many blessings and for my family.

Thanks for visiting my site and commenting. Feel free to come back again.

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet heart. It's good to be a hero! We need more heroes that are willing to be a blessing to those around them.
Have an awesome weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely list. Thank you for the gracious introduXion to "Thankful Thursday!" I am grateful for your kindness.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

What a great friend! Loved reading about him. Sir Nick sounds like a gem too---happy birthday!

I am thankful for your sweet comments too, I always enjoy reading them.

Blessings~

Christine said...

You paint the image of friendship so beautifully. Blessings abound and it's wonderful to be able to recognize them!

By the grace of God ... said...

Your friend Christopher is a gem! How wonderful. I haven't been to your blog before, but I think I need to return and soak up all the encouragement! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gracious comment and request -- I would be honored to be included! May I do likewise?

Melissa Lea said...

Thanks for sharing!! Your list is great! Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Angel Mama,

I wanted to bawl outloud reading this. It is priceless. Thank you.

Peculiar Blogs said...

what a sweet thing for him to do! Beautiful post. Have a blessed week!

eph2810 said...

Christopher sounds like a really neat person to have as a friend. I think it awesome that someone would take the time to cheer people up. It is very rare in today's busy world.

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings on your Friday and always.

Dirkey said...

what an awesome friend, you are surrounded by blessings!!

Believer said...

http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

You were here first! =) I've changed my blog title to simply, "Heavenly Voice."

Blessings...

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments.

Mrs X ,
Yes please feel free to link I would be humbled and honored.

Rosemarie,
You didn't have to change your name. I will come over to see your new header though I love how you do your blog.

Many blessings to you all my friends.

groovyoldlady said...

Money in the mail? Cool! That's alot nicer than the EMPTY box I got yesterday. It was supposed to be full of homeschool curriculum. PAID FOR homeschool curriculum! Aaaaack!

Faerylandmom said...

Christopher sounds really special and like someone who really knows the meaning of a "childlike" heart! Thank you for sharing this, and for visiting my site.

Linda said...

What a lovley post. I was smiling the whole time while reading it. God uses people like Christopher to bless us in special ways. It's a wonderful lesson for all of us.
Your list is just beautiful.

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Nothing like the friends God puts in our path to help us along! Blessings to you!