Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Eight Things About Me Tagg

I have been tagged by my sweet friend Debbie. Here are the rules :
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Well dear friend:

I received my nickname of Angel many years ago and most of my family and friends have used it ever since. Speaking of family I have 4 wonderful children and a wonderful husband.

I have been appointed to many Board of Directors of various groups over the years ( including service organizations, business and volunteer charity ). Two of my favorites were City of Hope and the Seeing Eye Dog Foundation. I was also an elected official.

I have spoke in front of a Senate committee on research and a paper I did on family and children in the past.

I love cooking and baking . My signature dish is homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Can you tell I am a Mom? With all I love baking and cooking this is their favorite..LOL

I am a mixed media and doll artist. I had two dolls mass produced that I designed and part of their proceeds go to women and children in need. One is an angel doll of course..LOL Like you couldn't guess that one.

Some of my favorite places are the beach and San Francisco. I miss the trolley cars, the seals, the whale watch in March, the crab feeds and my friends...sigh

My husband , children and I have been restoring our Gothic brick Victorian. We have refinished the hardwood floors ourselves, rewired chandeliers, restored antique furniture and are learning stain glass.

I love having Victorian teas, collecting vintage tea cups, hats and tea pots. I have a vast tea party recipe collection. My favorite teas are Jasmine, Lavender and Earl Grey. I even have a truffle recipe made from Earl Grey.

Thanks Debbie.

I Tagg any who are reading this and want to participate, please drop me a line to let me know if you do. I have loved reading all the wonderful things of those who have participated so far. I Tagg: Candi , Denita, Traci, GroovyOld Lady, Rosemarie, Hopeful Spirit, and Beckie ,that is all I can think of for now. Bonnie you are in my prayers and I am letting you off the hook. Denise I read yours and love getting to know you so you are off the hook. Akelamalu you are always tagged so I am letting you off the hook ...LOL unless you didn't do this one and want to do another...LOL


Love,

Angel Mama


10 Gracious friends said:

Believer said...

Thanks! I'll leave this meme for another time. It's a busy week for me with Pre-school registration and other obligations.

I so appreciate your blessings and comments.

An artist?! When can we see some of your works?

The Victorian house was no surprise looking at this blog with its background and images you chose.

Pearls of wisdom…a heavenly voice.
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Traci said...

Okay, look for mine in the next little bit..... although you are WAY more interesting than I will ever be!

Hugs my dear friend!

Homekeeper Mom said...

Wow, I just was doing my morning catch up of blogs.......and there was my name. I will do mine in a little bit; however everyone that I want to tag............you already have! :)

Love,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Unknown said...

Hi Angle! Thanks for thinking of me with the tag and I would do it except I already have~you can read it here: http://homefries7.blogspot.com/2007/05/eight-random-facts.html

Thanks and BLESSINGS to you!!!

Denise said...

You are such an amazing woman my dear friend, love you.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thank you all. You are all so sweet.

Thanks Traci and Candi.

Thanks for being such a great friend Denise.

Beckie I will be right over to read yours.

Rosemarie, I know you have so much going on but will read all your posts to keep getting to know you better each day my friend.

Hugs to all,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Anonymous said...

Hi lady! I will be giving some thought to what I want to put in mine and will do it tonight. Have a wonderful day!!!!

Denita

Debbie said...

Oh Angel, I enjoyed learning these things about you! Very interesting. I hope you plan to post pics of your victorian home. I would love to see them, if you haven't already.

And the tea....I didn't realize we had so much in common. :) I am a collector too! Just love 'em!!

Thanks again for sharing! Blessings to you!

groovyoldlady said...

Oooo. A an angel as a public servant. Maybe America is salvage-able!

I just did that Meme in my May 9 post, so I'm going to bail out on you.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've got mine up now! Busy, busy, super busy weekend coming up!!!!! Hope you have an awesome one!

Love ya,
D.