Monday, May 14, 2007

Christian Life~ In Other Words Tuesday ~ May 15, 2007



“What makes life on this frightful sod so exquisite is God’s merciful propensity to perform divine tasks amid deeply flawed people.”
~ Beth Moore LPM Blog


Dear Friends,

When I was young I secretly liked to go to Church every week, not just to hear about the Lord ,or be in the choir but to have tea and talk with Bettina.
Bettina always had something wise to say, or a kind word to brighten my day. I loved her special treats that we would eat as we drank tea, and chatted about life. It became a ritual after church during social hour that I always looked forward to. Bettina was everyone's Mother, Grandmother , Aunt or friend. At the annual Mothers Day tea everyone brought her a flower and wanted her at their table. As a good wise women , who was so sweet she sat at everyones table for a few minutes. Her warm laughter filled the room as her advice filled your heart. Bettina never married but had hundreds of children. Everyone looked up to her and sought her advice. Her heart to hearts would be a hodge podge of wisdom and delight each week.
Some of her favorites were her insights on Jesus parables, or famous quotes , life stories or scriptures.She use to always say don't judge a book by its cover. Give all a chance as we are flawed humans but the Lords perfect Love will give you grace.
Gods grace has washed over my life in times of sorrow, joy or hurt and helped me forgive, move on , and be joyous in the Love of the Lord. During many of those times I reflect on his words in the Bible and her words to my heart. The warm 7 layer bars or blueberry scones, earl Grey tea and the soft glow of the candles on the table still fresh in my mind.I have tried over the years to listen , pray for , give advice , and have tea for others as Bettina did for me.
I have realized that each one of us is special in the Lords eyes and there is something we are to do for him that no other can. As you sit down for quiet time this week may you have a peace that washes over you and the Lord in your heart, as he helps you on your journey.

Thank you for stopping in for a visit and many blessings.
Thank you Laurel for hosting this week.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

14 Gracious friends said:

Denise said...

Well said my friend.

Believer said...

"Give all a chance as we are flawed humans..."

Amen! Even now, we are flawed, as filthy rags before our Savior white and pure.

What a blessing to have had Bettina speaking in your life. Though she was not a natural mother, she had many spiritual children.

"Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice."
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Miriam Pauline said...

What a precious example and memories for you to carry forward. Thank you for sharing.

Homekeeper Mom said...

That was beautiful D.......I am sure that your teas are just as lovely with the recipients feeling just as you did.

Thank you for sharing that.

Love,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Akelamalu said...

Thank you for sharing. x

Traci said...

Blessing my heart once again my friend.

Hugs,
Traci

Nise' said...

I hope everyone has a Bettina at their church! Ours has gone on to be with the Lord.

Lori said...

Amen, could not have said it better, so I won't try to add anything =))

Have a great day.

Hopeful Spirit said...

Beautiful, as always! I love visiting your blog because you always have something here to inspire me. Thank you!

Bernadine said...

What beautiful memories! Thank you for allowing us to peek in.
God bless

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Beautiful memories. You always have such beautiful things to say.

Debbie said...

What precious memories and a prime example of God's Spirit flowing through her and being seen through the eyes of a child. Sometimes people want to bypass children to teach adults without realizing the impact of a children's ministry. Thank God for people that will obey!

eph2810 said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us the story of Bettina. It is so wonderful to have someone like that in our life :). They are open to be His instruments. I pray that I will be one day one of those instruments.

Be blessed today and always...

Crystal said...

I loved the story of Bettina...what a wonderful example if Godly influence!
Blessings