Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Christian Life~ In Other Words Tuesday~ May 22,2007

"Until you settle the issue of your own worth, it's impossible to bring holiness into anyone else's life. Until you understand that your worth is already determined by the fact of your birth, everything else is an exercise in propping up a dying tree."

Carol Brazo

Dear Friends,

I had my quiet bible study this morning, and then had a wonderful walk around the park as the sun was beginning to rise. What a great start to the day. I have been going over my to do list in my head for days. Everything I wanted to accomplish before this weekend. As I did that I felt a silent nudge. You know the nudge...LOL Well I couldn't ignore it anymore. So here I am. I didn't know if I had time to participate today but I love Christine's choice of quotes, and had a conversation that would relate to it this past week.

A dear lady named Norma that I have been corresponding with has made great strides in turning her life around. Despite her trying she was recently hurt by some comments ( of her friends , not here) she felt mean and uncalled for by others judging her. She asked my opinion.

I am so thankful to have the joy of the Lord in my life, his love, forgiveness, compassion , grace and the wisdom of his word. As I picked up the bible and found a study I have been doing and gave her this verse: Hebrews 10:24 " ...let us consider how we may spur one another toward love and good deeds." I truly believe that giving others advice, love , guidance ,scripture and help is wonderful. But I do feel that when you are secure within yourself you can give it kindly , willingly and with love. We all need love and grace as none of us nor our lives are perfect. When we can do that we show others by example of our lives and that is best way. Some of the best teachers and examples in life are those in which someone kindly shared their life, accomplishments and ways with you then those who berated and told you everything you have done wrong.
Following Christs example of love, grace and mercy we can help lead others to the Lord and better ways as well as be willing to learn from others wonderful examples. Sometimes those that are so unhappy within themselves and not sure why don't even understand the empty feelings they are having so they are quick to come with a mean way or comment to make others feel the same. As they would say to correct someone or help well you can't be mean ,as we know with bitter heart no knowledge is gained.I will love them also, as the Lord tells us to ,and pray for them to find the joy, love and grace of the Lord. The Lord loves us accepts us and most of all wants us.

May you have a blessed day and thank you Christine for hosting this week.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama ():)

11 Gracious friends said:

Miriam Pauline said...

Well said. Thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing your heart.

Julie said...

[Following Christs example of love, grace and mercy]

I commented earlier (I don't remember where) that I wished I had a Road to Damascus experience so that I knew my purpose with the same confidence as the apostle Paul. Then... you answered me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ~

Believer said...

So glad you were obedient to the nudge. ;) Your words sooth and bring to focus on what's really important. Thank you!

Blessings...
Heavenly Voice
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Tara Sloan said...

I love hearing about His grace!

Christine said...

"...when you are secure within yourself you can give it kindly, willingly and with love."

Too often we speak the truth, but not in love, because we are wrapped up in what we feel others should be doing or not doing. True worth shows itself in love toward others.

Thanks for posting, Angel!

Traci said...

Humbling and so true.... thank you for blessing me once again my dear friend!

Rachelle said...

What a beautiful post... you have such a calming and compelling way with words.

JHS said...

"Some of the best teachers and examples in life are those in which someone kindly shared their life, accomplishments and ways with you then those who berated and told you everything you have done wrong."

That is so true. I have learned more from folks who quietly set an example than I ever did from those who yelled "this is how to do it" at the top of their lungs.

Wonderful post!

Akelamalu said...

Sharing is such a wonderful thing.

eph2810 said...

You are right, Angel Mama. We can only win those who don't know Him yet through His example - compassion, love and acceptance. We all fall short of His glory. We should never forget that. I hope that your friend will continue to seek Him.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this week's quote.