Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gourmet Angel Mama'sWheat Bread Recipe


Dear Friends,
I found the most wonderful flour at Wally World when we were on our road trip a couple of weeks ago. Our regular store isn't carrying it at this time. SO I will be bothering them to order or ordering online. It is called Wheat Montana " Bronze Chief" and yes it is 100% GMO free, natural , nothing added red spring wheat. It worked wonderfully for my bread. I made a couple loaves and the crust was soft and the bread wonderful. Here is my recipe. I will add the pictures later.
Gourmet Angel Mama's Whole Wheat Bread
3-4 cups whole wheat flour (I used the Wheat Montana)
1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
1 tsp salt
3 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Tablespoons of honey
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 teaspoons of yeast or 1 package

Measure out the first three ingredients into a bowl, set aside. Mix in
a bowl the water (110-120 degrees) , olive oil, honey and yeast. Slowly
mix in the flour (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer). Dough should be not
sticking to the sides of the bowl. I usually end up using 3 1/2 cups
of flour. I let my mixer knead the dough for 7-8 minutes. If you
knead by hand, knead for 10-12 minutes. Wheat bread needs a longer
knead time.

Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Hugs,

Angel Mama

0 Gracious friends said: