Monday, June 11, 2007

Life on Cloud Nine with Angel Mama

Dear Friends,
I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I will be around to see all your lovely plans, glean from your inspiring posts and enjoy visiting you and your families for awhile later.

I spent most of last week and part of the weekend reformatting, installing the OS updating software, and giving the computer the works as I had a virus I got in it last week. So I had been without access for a few days, while doing this.:)

We also installed our pool, I had guests over for tea and cleared out the spaces in my workshop for our summer art fun. Boy that was a job I wasn't looking forward to but am glad its done. The kids have picked out some projects to do with Dad also so we picked up those supplies.

I have to tell you I made the most wonderful recipe for over 100 burritos and it turned out so good. They freeze wonderful. I will give you the link later and our additions . We make our own chili and use it with some of the burritos for variety. This is the absolute best recipe I have tried in a long time. You will laugh I think the cost came out to .20 a burrito and that is because we add the chili etc. Angel Daddy is bringing some of these to work this week.

So you don't get the impression all was calm while I was doing all this. I pulled my slip out of the dryer and went to get dressed to go out with all the guys ( yes I am a Mama with a house of just boys right now as my daughter is off at college) and couldn't find the slip anywhere... I wandered the house aimlessly with such conversations to Angel Daddy "did you see my slip I just had"?

"What slip?" says my wonderful husband as he and the kids head out to the door and load into the car. We will just be out here waiting dear as I know you are almost ready( as it took them all of three minutes to get ready). After aimlessly wandering I went and got a new outfit as I decided I didn't want to wear that cute number anyway. My hair is now almost to my waist and takes longer to get ready then all of a 2 yr old preschool class for a walk. After what they said was eternity we go shopping for the rest of the pool supplies ...OH joy getting my list... out low and behold I almost jump for joy and not care who is around for there in my purse is my slip... Yeah not only did I not lose it but I am not losing it.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

I am off to make snow cones, take Sir Nick out swimming , make fruit leather and dry some herbs that are ready.


Love ,

Angel Mama ():)

12 Gracious friends said:

Melanie said...

How hilarious that your slip was in your purse! You made me laugh right out loud!!

Susan said...

You must carry a pretty big purse. My slip would never fit in my purse. Any idea when or how that happened?!!!
Susan

Denise said...

You are one amazing woman my friend, love you.

Debbie said...

Oh My Lord!! hehehehe..... this sounds like me sooo much...
It's easy to do when you're juggling everything and everyone. I'm glad you found your slip....

I have often wondered if I would be a *winner* on one of those game shows or something for having the most unusual items found in a purse. LOL....you may now be in the running....

Alycia said...

So funny!! I enjoyed reading about your week and happy your computer virus is resolved as well. Have a blessed day Angel :)

Blessings!

Earthmuffin said...

Angel, I can honestly say I have never put my slip in my purse and forgot where I put it....that tells me you mind was a 1000 miles away. Glad you had a wonderful weekend and you have your pool up. Enjoy my friend.

Annie

Unknown said...

Angel, you truly are a Proverbs 31 woman. My hat is off to you. And the story of the slip...well, I literally laughed out loud!! Was that a mental slip???!!! Hee Hee.

Bountiful blessings my friend!

Deborah said...

I had such a good giggle about your slip. i have done that with stockings only to find then trailing behind me as i walk through the church doors and a very loud but friendly lady pointed them out to me. I wish I could cook like you, I enjoy cooking but is all very boring south african things... anyway loved the chat. love always me

Akelamalu said...

LOL. Lucky it wasn't your panties you mislaid eh?! ;)

eph2810 said...

Hm - I wonder how in the world the slip got in your purse? Too cute though.
Sounds like you have been really busy over the last couple of days. Redoing the computer takes a long time--I know out of experience :)
Wow - you made 100 burritos - I can't even make one...

Be blessed today and always.

groovyoldlady said...

Hahahahaha! I feel SO much beeter about losing the chicken now.

I set some chicken out to thaw and it DISAPPEARED. Fearful that I had been distracted and left it somewhere, um, odd, I looked positively everywhere for it. EVERYWHERE.

The bathroom cupboards and counters, under the bed, next door at the folks' house, on my desk. No chicken. I literally was in tears over this - ready to be commited to the nut house. I mean, what kind of wife and mother LOSES HER CHICKEN??!!

Finally, my hubby found it in the microwave. That's a heap better than finding it in my purse!

Anonymous said...

Lol!! Now me and Traci have another "D~~~~ story!"

teeheehee......talk to you soon sister!

Denita