Saturday, June 30, 2007

Joy~ Love ~ Compassion and Teaching From The Heart

Dear Friends,

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants." Deuteronomy 32:2



I really enjoy making my house a home. Decorating, baking , entertaining and living life. I have found that keeping to my schedules , using my home management binder, and most of all sticking to my goals that we have for the family , or that I have personally set make the difference for my family. We have family goals, our marriage statement, and my personal goals . I had a very wise person say to me years ago without goals you are like a rudderless ship. It has been so wonderful to look back over the years or time periods and see the accomplishments.

Each family will have their own way of doing things, schedules and recipes what really matters is that you have the joy in your heart. True joy and happiness come from within and from knowing the Lord. Sure there will be days when things won't be perfect, unexpected company will come over, you don't feel well as we are human that is to be expected. My children are only young once and God has blessed me with their care. As well as doing the daily things to care for them as we all do I love spending time with them enriching their lives. Teaching them about God, morals, ethics and life. I received the most wonderful email question and sweet comment about how I teach my children. Mainly from a guest column I did on my friend Candi's blog. Thank you Mary for your question and hopefully I answered you. I use to be on special Ed committees, the school board , every kind of volunteer mom..LOL and now home school Mom. The one thing that I can say from all the different experiences is enriching your children with the love of books, learning, life and skills are the common key to the door to success. When children and their parents are willing to take the time to experiment, relish the fact that learning is fun and you can learn something new everyday the possibilities are endless. Each and every person is unique and special just like snowflakes no two are the same. Each person will have their own interests, talents, hobbies and ways of learning things. My husband has been a corporate trainer over the years in various corporations and has always said there are so many different ways to teach something. The true gem is the parent or teacher willing to find the different child or persons interests and the best way to teach that particular thing . I truly admire the wonderful parents and teachers who are willing to take the time with the individual child ( as in finding things that interest them), explore with them , take them on field trips, the library, show the love of books ,lead by example , art classes , and enrich their lives. As my husband has noted over the years in his job of training ,visually learning really helps put the pieces of the puzzle together for some. We have always loved doing science projects over the years. It has been wonderful for my children to see the final outcome. Yes it has has been work for us ( to get supplies etc) but has been worth it for them win ribbons for their hard work, learn from others, teach others , and realize that some things take time and effort. Just throwing a ditto at someone with a few second explanation just might not cut it..LOL I admire all the different learning techniques that many do . Finding the joy in everyday living , life skill lessons , and love go a long way in teaching a child.

The wonderful people that radiant life, joy and happiness can truly be happy for others success because they are not of bitter heart. Bringing joy, not wanting to cause another pain , being nice etc all come from the heart . A heart centered in Joy, the Lord and love.

May the Lord bless you this week my fellow friends of the castles.

In his endless love,

12 Gracious friends said:

eph2810 said...

You are right. When raising and teaching our children, joy is a huge factor. Although I did not home-school our son, we have encouraged him in everything he did. He is a very smart young man, and I am proud of him. I do tell him that too. You know, I think it helped that we have always read to him when he was a baby -- he still likes to read and the articles/books he reads these days are WAY over my head *smile*.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on teaching.

Be blessed today and always.

Denise said...

You are such a precious gift to the world, love you my friend.,

Anonymous said...

What a sweet entry! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's always nice to meet new blog friends!
Great blog you have here, I'll be back again.
God bless!

Believer said...

"My children are only young once and God has blessed me with their care. As well as doing the daily things to care for them as we all do I love spending time with them enriching their lives. Teaching them about God, morals, ethics and life."

These words are lovely, and just what I needed to hear. My daughter and life are requiring more of me and there is less of me everywhere. As you have noticed, I haven’t even been able to keep up with my comments. Although I did post Friday, “I Lay My Crowns…”

Heavenly Voice

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Iris,

Thanks so much for your thoughts . You son sounds so smart and wonderful. You did a great job.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Denise,

Thanks for being you , your posts and thoughts teach and inspire me daily.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Rosemarie,

I know what you mean I have so much to do ,plan and do for my kids this week I hope I have enough time...

Enjoy her she is at such a precious age.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Carrie,

Thanks so much for your visit. See you again soon.

Smiles,

Angel ():)

Melanie said...

What a great post!

Children are precious treasures.

Anonymous said...

Melanie you are so right children are so precious.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Akelamalu said...

I love reading your thoughts my friend. x

Connie Barris said...

Wow.. what a beautiful blogsite...

Funny that your post is about teaching.. I just had this conversation today with a good friend that just lost her husband.

"Teaching them about God, morals, ethics and life"


And I was telling her about My son,,,, of 11 years old...well let's just say, he is on the road to learning some of life's lessons...smile....

So I had to chuckle as I read through some of what you said because it's so true...


painfully so.....

Glad you stopped by today...I enjoyed the visit...hope to see you again....

blessings....