Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thankful Thursday May 10,2007



"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly
by embracing each other."
--Luciano de Crescenzo



Dear Friends,

Life is like a a puzzle with thousands of tiny parts, fragmented pieces and some jagged edges. Sometimes the pieces fit easily and sometimes it takes more time and patience for the picture to become clear. Just like a puzzle our journeys are sometimes met with rocky roads, thorns with the roses and storms. Someday I will tell you about the park, the tornado, the sirens and me just enjoying the park with my kids...LOL ( yes later I found out that the tornado whistles are not like California noon time or fire)...well blow me over with a feather no wonder people were staring as they drove past...and yes it was windy!
As we all walk along the through the joys , sorrows, laughter and tears of our own marriages , and friendships: the pain, joy and honor , we are not alone God is with us every step of the way. Have you ever encountered an angel? A friend the Lord has put in your path to help you through, your spouse, or a real angel?
I have and am grateful. The Lord sent one to me at a time in my life many years ago when I had a lot on my shoulders and many burdens to carry . Let me introduce to you Bernie the toll booth man. Every night Bernie asked me how my kids were, how I was, had little presents when I drove through from him and his wife ( a devotional book), he would quickly ask and throw something at me once in awhile as I quickly drove through every night after work. The lonely stretch of highway every night reduced me to tears with the burden of things I was facing. Crying one night because I could and no one would see .Please understand I felt I always had to be happy as a manager for my employees, happy as a mom for my children and never let them see you cry or sweat became my mantra. Bernie saw this and after several nights and seeing an empty car seat in the back would ask me quick questions. How was I ? How were my kids? What was new? Uplifting caring questions and real concern resonated in his voice. It warmed my heart and made things seem more bearable somehow.
When the rough period of some things came to an end and I got remarried and went to move out of state I went to drive through Bernie's booth one more time to say thanks and good bye. I had my card addressed and a little gift. There was no Bernie. The next day the same. My husband finally took me to the toll plaza where you can buy a pass and we asked for him and we were told they had no one by that description . For weeks before I moved out of state I went through the tolls with my husband, by myself and friends always looking asking other toll operators and they all gave me a puzzled look and the same answer no one worked there in the tolls like that and during the hours I drove home they usually had no one and the coin basket toss.
Thank you so much for reading and meeting Bernie who I know God sent to help me through a rough time. May the Lord bless you this week and always. I am thankful and grateful for those in my life and the angels the Lord has sent .
Thanks to Iris for hosting this.

In his endless love,

Angel Mama ():)

23 Gracious friends said:

eph2810 said...

Oh - that is so awesome. What a great story you can tell your children and grandchildren. I have heard about people seeing angels on earth, but I have never encountered one - yet...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart.

Be blessed today and always.

Crystal said...

What a great story...thank you for sharing your gratefulness with us this week!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

I was touched by your gratitude. Thanks for sharing it.

Deedra said...

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us! Have a great week!

Denise said...

Your post truly blessed my heart, thank you my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Bernie was there for you. I do believe that there are angels on this earth to encourage us.

Hugs,
Kathy

Akelamalu said...

Oh yes angels are always there when we need them. :)

Traci said...

Angels too are friends that call and uplift your day ;)

Wonderful message of love!

Hugs,
Traci

Christine said...

What a wonderful story! We all have had our angels, it just takes God's eyes to notice them.

Blessings to you!

Homekeeper Mom said...

Let me try this again.....cyberspace ate my last comment!!

What a beautiful story!! Thank you so much for telling us that and blesssing us with that story to remind us that God does send angels to help us sometimes.

Love in Christ,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Sharon said...

I am so glad that God sent an angel to help you during a troubling time. Thank you for sharing this inspiring story!

Thank you for your sweet comment, too! I enjoy reading yours, too!

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a fantastic post. Sometimes we don't share those powerful stories from God because we think others might think we have dropped off the edge. I have a similar story--maybe I will share it sometime.

Susanne said...

Yes, it's a precious story, indeed!! Isn't it comforting to know that there are angels all around us??... and that right when we need them, God sends them to touch our hearts. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious story. Thanks for sharing it.

Lori said...

What an awesome story!!! I know God watches out for us, lifts us up and comforts us.

Praise God.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What an encouraging story. God Bless!

Brandon said...

hi i am crystals son i enjoyed reading your thankful list

Deena Peterson said...

Total goosebumps over here...that blessed my socks off! Thank you SO much for sharing it!

Nise' said...

Such a wonderful story! I have goosebumps! Thanks for sharing!

Love Bears All Things said...

That was a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Yes, I've met angels in my life, too.

Believer said...

Bernie, an angel among us! Yes, I believe. God will bring specific people in our paths for a time of comfort and encouragement.

God is so good!

Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice.
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

What an amazing story!! Oooh, I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings~

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

I so needed to read your blog just this moment (I was posting a new entry when your post to one of my others entries popped up - drawing me in here to meet you) - God is so gracious and merciful. His timing is indeed perfect.

Thank-you for reaching in my direction (visiting my blahg) and drawing me into thankfulness here - just now.

joy in this journey,
katey-D
Blueyeduck Studios
Psalm 103
"quacks of life"