Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lovely Orange Oatmeal Scones




Lovely Orange Oatmeal Scones

2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups of oatmeal
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted cold butter cut into chunks
1 egg
1/2cup orange juice
1 small handful raisins

For the Glaze
milk , confectionery sugar and a splash of orange juice

Preheat oven to 410 degrees.

In a large bowl, place flour, oatmeal, sugar , salt and baking powder, baking soda and mix together. Cut butter into mixture to make a mealy mixture.

Stir in the egg and orange juice. Lightly mix in raisins. Mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes.

Roll or pat to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Use a round cookie cutter or cut into rounds. Brush with glaze mixture.

Bake until lightly golden brown- about 12-14 minutes.

Enjoy!

With blessings,
Angel

This is an adapted recipe of a copy cat for a famous coffee shop~

6 Gracious friends said:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh those sound yummy! I hope you don't mind me stopping by! I have a recipe blog, that you can send in recipes too. I would love for you to share some. :)

Traci said...

Whoohoo....I'm loving the blog. Just wanted to pop in and say how much I've missed you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Looking good lady!! Hope you had fun over the weekend. Once I hubby has some time to help me spiff up my sidebar, I'll link to you on my blog. :-)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thank you lovely ladies for stopping by!

Love ,
Angel~

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I popped up as anonymous. Silly me.

Hope to hear from you soon
d.ann

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party, these scones look totally yummy, I will have to try them!

Be sure to stop by my place and shoot me a message to enter my little contest.
<>< Carolyn