Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thankful Thursday~ Burdens and Hope



Dear Friends,

I have to tell you I had the most wonderful moment in time this week. At one point in our lives my husband and I found ourselves becoming friends with a sweet family in California . Through a series on events they had come to a volunteer group that we worked for with some needs. In all honesty the group was not based on our belief in the Lord but of helping others , and we enjoyed it . We did find ways to speak of Christ and let others know our reason for joining and helping those in need. Some of their needs were so humbling and so were they. I really enjoyed getting to know them , their children and lives. When it was time to help others, like at Christmas box time, Ed would come for what he needed but always be one of the ones to stay and really help me. Pack boxes, pass things out , deliver things. One day he just started telling me all his burdens and concerns . In turn I told him from the heart a real medical concern in our family . He asked how I coped and could help others so well . I told him we are told by the Lord to help others and be good stewards of what we had. He asked how I handled burdens and I explained about prayer and that good friends help your with your burdens , but don't carry your burdens as we help you turn them over to Christ and pray with you and for you.

Paul wrote of our hope as believers which he called "the blessed hope. He said "Looking for the blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" Titus 2 :13.

Well we hired Ed for a few jobs and he never showed up, and never completed them which surprised us . We were on a deadline and really needed the help. Finally my husband who is so patient and kind had to let him go. Well he called two months later and apologized and straightened out but in the mean time it cost us a lot of time , money and heartache.

Well he called the other day and has fully understood the meaning of giving his life to Christ. He said his family life has changed for the better over the years having Christ in it . He told us the turning point was when he realized he couldn't turn to anyone , until he accepted Christ, changed his behavior , became responsible . He also said he now fully realized what we said about turning to Christ . My husband and I marveled that what we felt was a roadblock in our life at the moment was a turning point for someone to turn to Christ and become a fellow Christian. I am thankful God uses all to his glory and good. I have always realized that God will use all, that we can grow learn and change through things but now I can really reflect that what we might consider obstacles in our way will really make a difference in witnessing for the Lord. Like my husband said a few months of setbacks for us was nothing to bring someone to the Lord.

I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful Ed and his family are now Christian.

I am thankful for my fellow hope givers, burden helpers and Christian Sisters and Brothers.

I am so thankful to Denise and the Reflection award she bestowed on me. It really meant so much and am working on but wanted to acknowledge how her gift made me smile this week. Her compassion and friendship has so enriched my life.

I am thankful to you all who kindly stop by and show me your live, families, hearts and love. I will be by to rejoice in your moments of thankfulness this week. I am thankful to Iris for hosting.


May the Lord bless you this week and always.


In Christ,

23 Gracious friends said:

Nise' said...

What a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness through your service to Him!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and thankful heart, it is always a blessing to read!!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That was such a beautiful story. Sometimes in the midst of our struggles it's hard to see how the Lord is working. It's always a blessing when we get to see His hands in our lives. Thank you for sharing. God bless!

Hootin Anni said...

That is beautiful! From the heart.

Hope your 4th was terrific. And thanks for stopping by. Having you visit is always a pleasure.

Amber said...

Praise the Lord! That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
Amber

Sharon said...

Praise God for a new life in Christ! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.

Denise said...

You, my beautiful friend, and this post, truly bless my heart.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful story and a wonderful illustration of how God accomplishes things in His time, not ours.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

What a wonderful story! Everything can be accomplished through the Lord :) Thanks for sharing your uplifting story.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Loved the story---- what a great testimony.
God is good and he is compassionate to give us all the women here who encourage our hearts.
Have a great week.

Mariah said...

What a fantastic testimony! And a great list! Thanks for stopping by to visit me. I'm planning to come back here and read more...I love the look of your blog! I'm going out of town this weekend, but next week I have lots of reading to do on several new blogs I've found! :-)

Mariah

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog... beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Brenda said...

And, I just feel like giving you a big hug ((( )))! :) Thank you for sharing so beautifully your testimony and from your very thankful heart. :)

Amber said...

I just came by to thank you for your kind comment you left on my blog.

God Bless,
Amber

Melanie said...

"When a sinner makes the Lord his choice, that's when the angels rejoice."

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know that you had an influence over this man's soul? He can now spend eternity in heaven! Praise God!!

Lyndy said...

What a beautiful story of how God's works things out even when we least expect it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Have a blessed day.

~Lyndy~

Debbie said...

Oh....this is a wonderful illustration of how God's thoughts are sooo much higher than ours. While going through *rocky* situations we cannot imagine how God will work it for our good. Amazing how that is His plan all along, huh?
Blessings to you!

Deborah said...

I have missed you tooooo. your blog always amazes me. love always me

Changed by His Love said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story of the Lord. And thanks for stopping by.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely story. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments.

eph2810 said...

You know, sometimes it takes years to see what our witnessing will bring. But we should never get weary of telling others about His love, grace and mercy. We never know who might greet us in heaven :).
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome story of Ed and his family turning to the Lord.
Congratulations on received the Blogger Reflection Award - very well deserved, Angel Mama.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always...

Talk..to..Grams said...

I know you are a Christian so when Sandy tagged me I thought of you!
Please come over and see what it is about Thanks Grams

Hopeful Spirit said...

Hi Angel Mama: I'm late getting out to visit some blogging friends this week, but am so glad I stopped by. What a great post and inspiring story. You truly are an angel! :-)