Monday, June 4, 2007

Marriage Monday~

" What great thing is there for two human souls
To feel they are joined...
so strenghten each other...
to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
George Eliot



Dear Friends,

Christine is hosting Marriage Monday and I have wanted to participate for awhile and love talking about my husband and family...LOL so this was perfect. I will enjoy reading the other participants and gleaning from their wonderful posts and marriages.

I love these verses in regards to marriage:

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.

Proverbs 31:10 KJV

Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Ephesians 5:33 KJV

A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband….

Proverbs 12:4 KJV

Let love and faithfulness never leave you …write them on the tablet of your heart.

Proverbs 3:3 NIV

Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Ephesians 5:33 KJV

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned….

Proverbs 31:30-31



I love my wonderful husband dearly and love spending time with him and my children. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. My husband works so hard to provide for us all financially, emotionally and spiritually that I love doing the small things that make his life easier and being a good help meet. I feel it is so important to make my home welcoming and gracious to not only visitors but my family. Making each person feel important ,cherished and listened to. We have four children two of which are still at home and so we do lots of family nights and spending quality time together.

It has been hard over the years with my husbands work schedule to get away alone or leave the children for periods of time. But I find it so important to have date nights or special evenings dedicated to just him. I love making special treats for the kids , then having a special dinner for just us. Recently I made our room even nicer with special touches like a luxurious bed and breakfast. We have a antique cameo bed and fireplace that I have enjoyed making over. My husband has left me little presents , notes and roses where I would find them . I secretly love leaving him notes in his brief case, pillow,. chocolate on his pillow and special treats he will find also.

We have taken sweet day and weekend trips, going to sweet bed and breakfasts when the time avails. We treasure all those memories. As our children grow I know we will be planning even more. I have enjoyed making us special picnics , treasure hunts, going to the movies,or just going to a quiet restaurant and talking. We love sitting on our deck entertaining friends and family but especially treasure our moments alone just enjoying each others company. With his commuting and traveling we don't get to get away much but do loving camping and little slices of time.

Our families are spread out all over the country but do enjoy it when we can spend time with them and get together.


Enjoy your day and wonderful marriages my friends.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)




11 Gracious friends said:

Akelamalu said...

So romantic, bless you both and your marriage. x

Christine said...

What a wonderful first MM post! Your devotion to your husband and family is so touching. I love the verses you added; they are the heart and soul of what our marriages mean in light of Christ's love.

Thanks, Angel, for posting!

Nise' said...

Enjoyed your MM post! Thanks for joining in. Love the "little touches" you did for you family! I used to write notes and put them in my hubbys/kids lunches.

Denise said...

Bless you and your husband always.

Anonymous said...

Angel,

What an absolutely wonderful post. I loved your words, the scripture you selected and I got a lump in my throat when I read the quote by Eliot. So glad I made it to your place. Blessings, Lynn

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a fantastic post. Seems like I could certainly pick up a few pointers from you.
Thanks for sharing.
What a blessing!

Debbie said...

It so nice to know there are others that adore spending time with their spouses. I treasure the time I spend alone with mine, as well. It is precious indeed!

Detroit said...

Angel - I love reading about your sweet relationship. Those little notes and messages really do make such a difference. I have not done that in a while...Thanks for the reminder! Blessing to read your heart.

Alycia said...

What a beautiful post Angel!! I loved reading about all of the special touches you do to make your husband feel special. You are so sweet and inspire me as well to make sure I do the little things that make my husband feel loved. Thank you for that reminder :) I would also love to add you to my blogroll and always look forward to my visits here. Have a wonderful day!

eph2810 said...

How neat that you have 'made-over' your bedroom. I think, if we can't get away from it all, we need to create a little haven in our homes.
I too enjoy the times with just my husband :)
Thank you for sharing...

Be blessed today and always.

kelly said...

what a beautiful post. it sounds like you and your husband have a wonderful relationship. what a great example for your kids, and all those around. it's so nice to hear that you guys make the point to spend time along. it's hard to do that in these busy days.