Monday, March 5, 2007

Weekend


It is the first mild day of March.
Each minute sweeter then before...
There is a blessing in the air...

- William Wordsworth

With the arrival of March there is usually the hint of Spring in the air. We had a wonderful road trip this weekend and saw signs of Spring everywhere.
It was a nice break as my weekends are usually made up of cooking, baking , and laundry to prepare my wonderful husband for his weekly commute. I try to make a couple of weeks worth of breakfast, lunch, dinners and bake goods for him and the freezer on my weekends. After our road trip I came home and made 4 dozen cookies, brownies, two loaves of challah bread , a sirloin to slice for roast beef and a pot of soup. I then went to lie on the couch and not get up...LOL
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
How do you prepare for the week and the arrival of Spring?

Love,
Angel

7 Gracious friends said:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Did you say BROWNIES???????
My favorite!

Welcome to the blog party!

Linda

Mel said...

Wow you are a busy woman and boy do I wish that I had all those fresh smells in my house. I prepare for the week by sitting in front of the tv an watching my desperate housewives while praying that there will be some sort of delay (I am a teacher)! By Wednesday I am pretty prepared for the week! Come on by my place for a sampling from my chocolate box when you get a free minute from making all those goodies!
Melissa

Monkey Giggles said...

YUMMY TREATS!!!
Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Linda,
Thanks for stopping by . I love your avatar picture and will be stopping by your blog in the next day or two. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Thanks for reading the new kid on the block.
Hugs,
Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Mike,
Thanks for stopping by . I will try to always have a plate of brownies for you all...LOL
I love your art work and site and will be by yours quite often too.
Hugs,
Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Melissa,
Thanks for stopping by. I stopped in for your chocolates and they were wonderful...LOL
I look forward to stopping by your blog often and getting to know you better.
Hugs,
Angel

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Monkey Giggles,
My little one loves you site, the picture, and the music . We will definitely be regulars.
Thanks for reading the new kid on the block.
Hugs,
Angel